Butterfly

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Journey




We delight in the beauty of the butterfly,
but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
~Author Unknown


The life of butterflies has always amazed me!
Not so much the butterfly itself, but the struggle it went through to become a butterfly.
When a butterfly is ready to leave the cocoon it first makes a small hole and then continues to struggle to work its way out of the cocoon. It is that struggle that strengthens the butterfly and allows it to fly.


James 1:2-4 NIV
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


More than anything my dream is to fly!
I long to fly as a wife, as a mother, and as a Child of God!
The exciting part though is that unlike a butterfly, we don't have to go through the struggle alone! The Lord is always there to guide us, comfort us, and strengthen us!

My hope is that my struggles to fly will be an encouragement to you!

2 comments: