Butterfly

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I woke up to the sound of rain this morning, and as I looked out the window at the downpour all I could think was, "Lord, that's just how I feel!"



We all have those times where we become overwhelmed with the situations that surround us, and lately that has been how I have felt.  I'm standing in the middle of a downpour without an umbrella or raincoat to protect me and the weight of the water soaking my clothes is weighing me down.  And then a cool breeze comes along and chills you to the bone from being wet.

Continuing to watch the rain come down, I started to become encouraged.  Right behind those clouds that are pouring down on me, is the sun just waiting to come out.  It's warmth ready to dry my soaked clothes and lift the weight from my shoulders.

When you face tough times, do you get lost in the downpour?  Or do you look up, knowing that the sun will come out again? 

I realized that I had been lost in the downpour, feeling insecure, and anxious when I could be jumping in the puddles and dancing in the rain knowing that the Lord will supply our needs.  I just have to wait and the sun will start peeking through the clouds and I'll see the beauty of the Lord's promises!



No comments:

Post a Comment