Butterfly

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Sound of His Voice


Last night as I was sleeping, I heard my son cry out to me from his room, "Mommy, I need you!" Not wanting to get out of bed, I called back to see what was wrong. He cried to me saying, "I'm scared!" Knowing he was okay and there was nothing for him to be afraid of, I called back to reassure him and encourage him to go back to sleep.

Then as I lay there in silence waiting for him to call back to me again, I began to wonder if I was a terrible mother for not going to him to comfort him. And then I began to ponder how our Heavenly Father responds when we cry out to Him. Do we find comfort and strength in simply hearing the sound of His reassuring voice? Or do we need the situation we are in to change and become more comfortable before we feel His presence?

The Lord promises that He will never leave us and He will never give us more than we can bear! So as you cry out to the Lord, listen for the sound of His voice!! And when you hear it, find peace and comfort and rest!!

And in case you are wondering, my son slept peacefully for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment