Butterfly

Thursday, October 6, 2011

His Masterpiece




When I think of a masterpiece I think of amazing artists and composers ~ Van Gogh, Beethoven, Monet, Chopin... the list goes on and on! But to see myself as a masterpiece is so much more difficult!

I see my faults, the things I do wrong and can't seem to get right. Each day just seems to be the same struggles over and over again. I struggle with depression and anxiety even though I have nothing ultimately to be depressed and anxious about! Yet I am God's masterpiece! He shaped me in my mother's womb! He created me with a purpose!

So often we see people struggling with severe illnesses or disabilities and it is easy to say that the Lord has a plan and we pray that through the circumstances that God would receive all the glory and people would come to know Him. Yet as we see people struggle with things like depression and anxiety we see it as a lack of faith in God.

My anxiety started as a young child and my depression as a teenager. And as I stru
ggle with those things, I have hated myself and who I am. I have wanted nothing more than to be "normal". I hate that some days I can't function and do the things that I know I need to do and that it affects my family and friends!

It's then that I have to look at how my Creator and Savior sees me! I am fearfully and wonderfully made ~ I AM HIS MASTERPIECE!



He created me with a purpose and a plan and I am fully equipped to accomplish every task He lays before me! And I have to have enough faith to believe that the Lord will use my struggles to fulfill His purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment